You’ve already got a WordPress site , and you want to keep hosting your sales pages there. Great! Kartra not only makes it super easy to build web pages, but also to host them right in your existing WordPress site (based on a custom WordPress installation or a business plan on wordpress.com) with just a couple of clicks, complete with your own WordPress domain and custom URLs.
Here’s all you have to do.
1. Log into your WordPress dashboard to install and activate a plugin called “Blank Slate.” This will allow you to create blank page templates in WordPress to house your Kartra pages, and will work even if you change your WordPress theme later.
2. Create a new WordPress page where you’ll display your Kartra Page, and in the right sidebar, select “Blank Slate” from the Page Template drop-down menu.
If you don’t see a pull-down to select a template, no problem. Just click on “Screen Options” at the top right of your screen, then look to the top left and select “Page Attributes.” The drop-down menu will then appear in the right sidebar.
3. Log into Kartra and enter the Page Builder to design your web page in Kartra, either with one of Kartra’s many beautiful templates, or starting from scratch with your own custom design.
4. Customize your page in the Kartra Page Builder. When you’re finished, click on the “Actions” drop-down menu in the top right corner of your screen and select “Publish live.”
6. Go back to your page editor in WordPress. Make sure you’re in the “Text” tab and not the “Visual” tab.
8. Now, set the page URL for your WordPress page. Your URL can be whatever you want, and your WordPress root domain will be preserved. Visitors can instantly reach your page using the WordPress-hosted URL, even though behind the scenes, your page is actually hosted in Kartra.
9. Publish your page and have a look! You’ll see that your Kartra Page is displayed 100% accurately on your new WordPress page, with the custom URL you’ve created. It’s as if the page were a regular WordPress page — even though it’s built and hosted in Kartra.
10. Need to edit your page? Just go into the Kartra Page Builder and easily make your edits there. Your published changes will automatically show up on your corresponding WordPress page.
Your WordPress site — powered by Kartra.
Now you have the best of both worlds.
Build your pages in Kartra and display them in WordPress just by copying and pasting a line of auto-generated code. It’s really that easy.
You can create all the pages you need with the super-easy, feature-rich Kartra Page Builder — sales pages, squeeze pages, video sales pages, coming soon pages, thank you pages and more.
Then let people reach those pages using your existing WordPress domain and whatever custom URLs you like.
Even if you change WordPress themes, your pages built in Kartra will stay exactly as you designed them.
And whenever you edit your pages in Kartra, they’ll automatically update on your WordPress site.
Please check it out and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear how it works for your site.
(Comment here or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)