Creating products in Kartra is fast and easy as a result of intuitive prompts. This is part two of Training 4 to help guide you through the process at your own pace.
In the first part of this training, you learned:
- A quick overview of creating products for sale.
- Creating a product with a single payment.
In this second part of Training 4, we will cover:
- Setting up your payment gateway.
- Adding tags to customer profiles.
- How to use multiple price points in Kartra.
- How to set up email receipts for a product purchase.
- Adding a new autoresponder for your customers.
Let’s keep the momentum going by jumping right in!
Set Up A Payment Gateway So You Can Get Paid!
To receive money for products you sell with Kartra, you’re going to need to set up one or more Payment Gateways.
To do that, go to My Integrations on the left-side menu (Marked #1 Below).
You can select from one of the payment gateway providers to integrate with Kartra. Choose the three dots under your preferred gateway and click “New Integration” (Marked #2 Below). Here you will connect your gateway to Kartra.
You can select from one of the four payment gateway providers to integrate with Kartra:
While each integration may differ slightly, the basic steps remain the same for all. Click the three dots to see options for your selected gateway, and click “New integration” from the menu. A menu will pop up requesting details from your account.
NOTE: You will need to have a business account set up already with one of the above to be able to receive payment using Kartra.
But wait, there’s more!
You’re now ready to sell any of your products that you created in Kartra, either through your Kartra pages, or anywhere else on the internet. But to do that there is one more step: you will need to return to your Products page and click on the “CHECKOUT” button next to your product.
This will open a window that provides you with a block of code which you will copy and then paste onto whatever website you want to sell your product from. The code will create an “Add to Cart” button on that page.
Now you can sell a product through Kartra!
Adding Tags To Customers Who Buy A Product
Once you have a product set up, and begin making sales, you’ll want a way to organize your new-found customers. Good organization means easy automation and less work for you later. Kartra makes this easy in two ways. The primary way to organize your customer list is through categories and tags.
Think of categories as a broad way to organize your tags (as well as broadcasts, videos, pages and many other areas of Kartra). Similar to folders, a category will help you find all the tags you’ve created in a particular group. You can use categories that are specific product-based, promotion-based (so Winter Sale might be the category, and Opened Email 1 could be a tag in that category), or activity-based (category affiliate promotions, tag the specific promotion).
When creating a tag, you’ll want the tag itself to be simple to read, while the description gives you details to know what it is about (PricePoint1 and Purchased eBook at Price Point 1). Then, right in the tag creation process, you can create a category to stick this tag inside: Products.
Now, we can apply that tag in a number of ways. If there are already people who have purchased, you can find them in your list, check the circle, then select from this drop-down menu “Assign Tag”.
But what about future customers?
When the ball starts rolling, tagging each customer this way would be tedious. Instead, go to the Automations area and you can have them tagged automatically. So, IF a customer purchases a certain product at this price point, THEN they will be assigned a tag in this category – specifically, this tag.
And, because Kartra is flexible, you can also create this automation in the product setup. It’s your choice, whatever is more logical to you.
Now any time someone purchases the product at this price, they’ll be tagged instantly!
How to use Multiple Price Points in Kartra
Kartra gives you the flexibility to set up your products with just about any pricing structure you can imagine, including:
- Single, one-time payment.
- Payments that recur automatically every month, two months, quarter, or year.
- Installment payments, with as many installments as you like.
- Recurrent Installments, which are several monthly or bimonthly payments that are made each year or two years.
- Initial pricing, so you can have an introductory price before payments increase to the full amount.
- Multiple, segmented price points.
In case you couldn’t tell from the bold text, next we are going to talk about using multiple price points to their fullest advantage in Kartra.
Edit one of your Products
To add multiple price points onto one of your existing products, go to My Product on the main, left-hand menu and then click on EDIT next to the product you want to modify.
Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the “Save and Next” button to advance to the pricing options.
Next to Price Levels, click Change to edit your prices and add new price points.
Then, on the left, click the Add button and you can add a second (or third, or fourth…) price point for this one product.
Why Add Another Price Point?
By adding additional price points, you can segment who will pay at what price, or when, and segment your lists and what you send to them by price point. We’ll give a couple of examples of where you could make use of multiple price points in Kartra–but there are many other ways of taking advantage of this. Your imagination is the limit!
Example 1: Send an Email Broadcast Only to Those Who Pay Monthly
- When you add your second Pricing option, select the Recurring Payment option, and you can add a monthly payment plan to your pricing structure.
- Now, when you go into My Communications to send a Broadcast, you can select to send that broadcast only to those who paid using Price 2 – which is the monthly payment tier you set up.
Example 2: Include a Membership for a Higher Price
If you want to charge a little extra for access to your membership portal, you can set that up using an Automation, right from the Product settings themselves.
After adding your new price point, continue through the settings for that product until you arrive at the Post Sale settings section. At the bottom of this page, you can set up Automations for this product. Click the + NEW AUTOMATION button.
From here, you can set up the automation to trigger if the customer buys this product at price 2, which is your higher price point to include the Membership.
Next, in the THEN section, you can set the action that occurs to be “Grant access to membership” and select your membership, and the level of access, and click Add.
Now, anytime somebody buys at your new price point, they will also get access to the Membership you’ve set up!
How to Set Up Your Email Receipts for a Product Purchase in Kartra
Kartra automatically sends out emails with invoices for purchases, affiliate sales, JV sales, customer cancellations and much, much more! You can turn these off or fully customize each one.
Open your Account Settings menu by clicking on your image in the upper right-hand corner of any screen in Kartra. In the menu that opens, click “Email notifications” and you’ll be taken to your notifications setting page.
By hitting the pencil icon to the right of the email you want to edit, you can make use of a number of powerful customization options, so that you can keep your contacts warm.
Adding a New Autoresponder for your Customers
When you gain a new customer, it is important to follow up with them to let them know they’re appreciated! There are a couple ways to do this, but in this example, we will create a list and sequence.
Create a list
- Go to My Campaigns
- Click the big green +LIST button
- Enter a name for your List; in our example, we’ll call our list “Paying Customers”
Create an Automation
Now we’re going to make an automation that adds people who buy your product into the Paying Customers list so that they can be followed up with.
- Go to My Products.
- Click EDIT next to the product you want to create the automation for, and then “Edit Product”.
- Click “Save and next” on each page of the settings until you get to the “Post Sale” settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to “Automation rules” and click “change” then +NEW AUTOMATION.
- In the IF section, select “Customer buys product” in the first dropdown, then select the product funnel and product you are currently editing from the remaining dropdown menus. For our example, you’ll select “Any price” from the last dropdown, since you want to add all paying customers to this list.
- In the Then section, select “Subscribe lead to list” in the first dropdown and then select the “Paying Customers” list from the second dropdown. Remember to hit Save!
- Click Confirm, and this automation has been added to your product. Any time somebody buys it, they will be added to the Paying Customers list.
Create a Sequence
Now we’ll create a Sequence for automatically sending your follow-up emails to all your paying customers.
- Go to My Campaigns.
- Click CAMPAIGNS and then Sequences at the top of the screen.
- Click the big green +SEQUENCE button.
- Give your sequence a name – such as Paying Customer Follow-up
- Click the +STARTING RULE box, and click “List”.
- Select the Paying Customers list in the “Select list” dropdown, and you will see that it creates a starting point for this Sequence of, “Lead subscribes to list Paying Customers” – and since we’ve already set up an automation where every customer who buys your product is subscribed to that list, every time somebody buys they will be added to this Sequence!
- Now you can add emails into the sequence, to follow up with your buyers.
- Click and drag the “Send email” box from the menu on the left into the sequence builder.
- Follow through the setup steps to create the email you want to and configure when it will send. On the “Filter” step, you can select “Anyone reaching this step” to send the email to everyone who purchases.
- You can add multiple follow-up emails by adding more “Send email” boxes to the sequence, and having them go out at different delay times.
- You can also segment and target the messages using the If-Then rules in the “Filter” settings!
You can also create individual follow-up sequences for each product you have, in order to promote the products they may not have seen or purchased. Using the flexibility of multiple rules, you can even create a specific sequence for when someone purchases multiple related products! That’s the power of Kartra.