Welcome to the revolution – and say goodbye to expensive web design, confusing coding, and lackluster styling! Kartra Pages is a highly capable drag-and-drop webpage builder that lets your imagination and creative genius run wild. No longer need you experience the hassle, expense and wasted time of an entire team of developers and designers to generate your web pages.
In this training, we will cover:
- The kinds of pages you can build with Kartra Pages.
- Modifying Page templates from Kartra’s Page Library.
- Embedding objects into Kartra Pages.
- Creating a Kartra Page from scratch.
- Publishing your Kartra Page.
Amazingly, Kartra Pages are not just about Landing Pages! You can use Kartra Pages for just about anything your business needs, including email subscription, sales and thank you pages, webinar registration pages, upsell and downsell pages, and even product launch funnels with videos. You can build entire marketing funnels or just simple, one-off marketing pages. You can A/B split-test Karta pages, or even use Kartra’s split-testing features to test the pages you build on your own server.
Kartra Pages adapt to any situation you need, and you can build them to look however you choose using our many built-in web page elements. These elements include not only your standard forms, calls-to-action, and contact info boxes available, but countdown timers, checkout forms, pricing tables, notification bars and so much more!
If it all seems like too much at first, that’s not a problem. You can use one of the dozens of pre-built templates Kartra offers and simply modify them (a little or a lot) so you can get out into your marketplace fast! The freedom to keep things simple, and the flexibility to create the pages(s) you’re dreaming of – well, that’s the Kartra difference.
The Kinds of Pages You Can You Create with the Kartra Page-Builder
Following is a shortlist of the kinds of pages you can create:
- Landing Pages
- Opt-in Forms
- Membership Pages
- Sales Pages
- Thank You Pages
- Upsell and Downsell Pages
- Entire Marketing Funnels
- And much, much more!
The Kartra Page Builder is so full-functioned, and so easy to use, that you can use it to quickly create any sort of website you might need for your business.
Here are some of the gorgeous template page types included with Kartra:
- Squeeze Page
- Coming Soon
- Product Launch
- Video Sales
- Long Sales
- Product Reviews
- Thank You
- Webinar Registration
Although there are literally dozens of templates for each category, you can also create your own pages from scratch. Even more, if you get a page exactly how you like it, you can save it for later use as a template in your personal library.
Get to your Page Builder by clicking My Pages on the left-hand menu, and then by clicking the big green +PAGE button that hovers on the right-hand side of the screen. You’ll then see all our template page types displayed on the left; you can explore them all by clicking the “PREVIEW” button on each one.
Modifying Page Templates from Kartra’s Page Library
The Kartra Page Builder has a lot of options and flexibility which means your first time inside can seem a bit overwhelming. But, with just a little bit of know-how, you will be a web page building pro in no time at all!
- First, click My Pages in the left-hand menu.
- Click the big green +PAGE button that hovers on the right side of the screen.
- You’ll see our list of template categories; choose a category you want to work with, for example, a Squeeze Page.
- You can see what any of these templates look like by hovering over them with your mouse and then clicking PREVIEW.
- Once you see a Template that you like, but want to modify, click the SELECT button, and then “Launch builder” in the upper right.
Now you can customize your page template any way you like!
The first and most important tools are at the top center: Column Mode and Component Mode.
In Column Mode, you can customize the structure of the page itself (such as adding columns, moving boxes or editing background images).
With Component Mode selected you can change the individual elements within the page (like forms, links, videos and more).
When you are looking to begin editing, you’ll need to start with the sidebar. First on that menu are the PAGE SETTINGS for SEO, custom tracking codes and tags (see above).
Next is the style for your entire page like the background color and whether your page will fill the window or stay at a fixed width.
Next are the options for adding pop-up windows to your page. There are many templates available for these, so make sure you take a minute to explore to find the best one for your project.
Next down on the sidebar menu, you can begin dragging in sections or components. Sections fit across the entire page, while components sit within sections.
Sections can be as simple as a set of empty columns, or as flexible and dynamic as top menus, testimonials, and pricing tables. Just select one you wish to use, choose a version you like and drag it to the page.
Once you have a Section in place, you can select the Component Mode at the top of the screen to customize the individual parts or Column Mode to edit the style of the section as a whole.
Components are similar in practice but, when you select one (such as a video or countdown), you will drag a component into a section that is already on your page. Select Component Mode again to edit the content in these pieces.
Once you have it how you like it, you can use the actions menu in the upper right to preview your page and save it.
If you think you’d like to use this style page again, you can save it as a custom template in your personal library.
As you can see, Kartra Page Builder is a powerful tool which you can use for any page you may need to publish!
Embedding Objects into Kartra Pages
If you want a dynamic and exciting page, you’ll likely want to embed things like videos or forms. Kartra Page Builder makes embedding objects easy with our drag-and-drop interface.
Example 1: to place a video onto a page in Kartra:
- Click COMPONENTS on the left-hand menu.
- Click “Videos” on the list of “block templates” that opens.
- Click and drag one of the placeholder videos into the place on your page where you want to place your video.
- Once the video placeholder has been placed where you want it, make sure you are in Component Mode at the top of the builder.
- Mouseover the video placeholder and you’ll see some options pop up, including an editing pencil icon. Click this pencil.
- A configuration menu for your video will pop up on the left. From here, you can adjust the margins for the video under the Style menu, or the border placed around it in the Frame menu.
- To choose your video, select the middle, “Video” configuration menu, and you will see a dropdown for selecting your video. You can select a video you’ve already uploaded to Kartra, or you can upload a new video right from here with the “Upload a new video” link under the dropdown.
- You also have options to make the video auto-play, to remove the controls (the scrub bar, pause button, etc.) and to mute the video when it starts playing.
Example 2: to place an Opt-in Form onto your page:
- As with adding a video, you’ll click COMPONENTS on the left, and then scroll down and select “Optin Forms”.
- Now you can click and drag an opt-in form onto your page, and then edit it (by moving your mouse over and clicking the pencil icon, just like in the Video instructions above).
- Now you can select an opt-in form you’ve created before from the dropdown menu that appears on the left. If you have not yet created a form, see this training.
As you can see, embedding the objects you need is easy in Kartra!
Creating a Kartra Page from Scratch
Although there are dozens of gorgeous templates you can use in the Kartra Page Builder, you can also start from scratch. This gives you total control over both the appearance and the functionality of your page.
Getting to the Builder and Starting a Page from Scratch
- Click My Pages in the left-hand menu.
- Click the big green +PAGE button.
- Leave “Blank canvas” selected and click “Launch builder” in the upper right.
- Put in a name and a Project for this page.
Creating Sections for your Page
The first thing you’ll want to do is select a Section to drag-and-drop into your Page. Why? Because before you can add anything from the components section, you’ll need a section to drop it into like a menu at the top, if you’re planning on creating multiple pages. You can also add empty sections to which you can add columns to place your content.
Here are the steps:
- Click the Sections icon on the menu at the left.
- Select the type of section you want from the BLOCK TEMPLATES menu that comes up, e.g., “Top Menus” or “Empty Section”.
- When you add an Empty Section, you’ll need to fill it with columns before you can add other components.
- Click the COMPONENTS icon on the left-hand menu.
- Choose the first item on the list, Columns.
- Select the portions of the screen you want filled (width-wise) by your columns. If you select the 100% option, you will have an area on your page where you can add full-page-width components.
Adding Components to your Page
Once you’ve gotten your overall page layout designed by adding Sections, you can add specific components to the page.
Click the Components icon on the left-hand menu and select the sort of component you want – then just drag-and-drop it into the Section where you want it to show up.
You can add all sorts of content this way: forms, images, videos, buttons, countdown timers, etc. The possibilities are almost endless!
Putting Finishing Touches on your Page
You can use the STYLES menu on the left to change the page and content background colors, as well as the font and size of text.
You can always return to Sections and Components to add new features as you think of them: a footer with your contact info, testimonials, additional menus, etc. Invest a few minutes to play with the options and you’ll soon see that building pages – even a whole marketing funnel from scratch! – is fast and easy with the Kartra Page Builder.
Publishing Your Page
Publishing a page you’ve built in the Kartra Page Builder couldn’t be simpler!
From inside the builder, as soon as you’re done building your page, click the “Actions” button in the top right of the screen, and select “Publish Live” from the dropdown menu.
You’ll see you have two options: Publish on Kartra or Publish on your own server.
If you choose to publish on Kartra, we will host the files needed for your webpage and it can be accessed at a Kartra.net URL.
If you’d like to use your own server, there are options for this as well. When you choose “Publish on your own server,” you’ll see that there are two options: Embed Code or Full HTML.
Full HTML is your entire page’s content hosted on your servers, whereas the Embed Code allows you to display the page on your domain, while hosting the content on Kartra! Just add this code to the source of a blank page on your domain and you’re good to go.
The Embed Code option has the special benefit that any time you update your page design in the Kartra Page Builder, your page on your domain will automatically update.
With the Full HTML option, you will need to edit the page on the side of your server (rather than in Kartra) for the changes to appear.